Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

My brother-in-law and his wife have a beautiful (almost) three year old daughter.  She comes to play with us on Saturdays which is always a lot of fun.  However, it does cut into breakfast preparation time.  That is where the lemon poppyseed muffins from Novembers exchange have come in handy.  I am able to take as many as we want/need out of the freezer, put them straight (still frozen) into the muffin tin, and pop them into the oven.  Twenty minutes later we have warm, homemade breakfast.  The muffins themselves were easy to make on my "cooking day."  I mixed up the batter, added the lemon zest and poppyseeds (the original recipe has several variations), put them into muffin tins that had been lined with cupcake liners, and then popped them into the freezer.  When they were frozen, I transferred them to a large freezer bag and put them back into the freezer.  Nothing simpler than that.  I do think that the next time I make these, I will try them without the cupcake liners.  Once they were baked, the muffin tended to stick to the liner.  Otherwise, these were a hit (even with our niece!)  And they pair well with a nice Saturday morning cup of coffee.  I will be making these again soon to trial the different variations!

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - rating
Ease of preparation: 5
Freezer Friendliness: 4
Overall Taste: 4
Happy Hubbies: 4

Total rating: 17/20 - We will be making this one again!

Find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment