Sunday, April 27, 2014

Meal Plan 4/26/14-5/2/14

Well, the Easter ham leftovers are all gone, so it's time to once again figure out what I'm making for dinner this week. 

Saturday: Stuffed Chicken Breasts.  I was inspired by this recipe at Iowa Girl Eats.. and a recipe I saw in my Eating Well magazine using my preferred smoke Gouda cheese.  I ended up making my own stuffing mix of caramelized onions and kale, diced apples, diced smoke Gouda, and some spices.  It turned out pretty darn yummy. Now if I could only figure out how to slice a pocket in a chicken breast better.

Sunday: When I asked Hubs what he wanted to eat this week, he handed me a phone and a recipe someone had tagged in G+.  He thought it had bacon, turns out it didn't, but in looking at that recipe, I found one for Chicken and Broccoli Mac & Cheese, that calls for a quart of whipping cream, so why not try it!?  I am subbing fat free half and half for the whipping cream...

Monday: Need something quick tonight, so crock pot cooking it is.  Going to try some orange chicken in the crock pot, using chicken breast instead of drumsticks like the recipe calls for, and make some rice and stir fry veggies to go with it. 

Tuesday: Leftovers... or if there's not enough left, spaghetti.

Wednesday: The weather looks cool enough for soup, still (Yay, it's my favorite type of food to cook!) Tonight we'll have chicken and dumplings.  I tend to follow this recipe, though I use rotisserie chicken and for poultry seasoning, Old Bay. 

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Brinner.  Believe it or not, we haven't had breakfast for dinner in awhile.  Time to rectify that!

No comments:

Post a Comment